- 210 9201851, 210 6847912
- Panteion University
136, Syggrou Avenue, 176 71 Greece
Dimitris Keridis is a Professor of International Politics at Panteion University of Athens. He is a senior fellow at the Konstantinos G. Karamanlis Foundation and the deputy director of the Institute of International Relations in Athens. Since 2002 he has been directing the annual Olympia Summer Academy in Politics and International Studies in Greece (www.olympiasummeracademy.org) and since 2009 the Navarino Network, a public policy think-tank based in Thessaloniki (www.navarinonetwork.org). He is also a regular TV political commentator.
He has served as a senior consultant at the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as the Constantine Karamanlis Associate Professor in Hellenic and European Studies at the Fletcher School, Tufts University, as the director of the Kokkalis Foundation in Athens and of the Kokkalis Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and as a senior researcher at the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis, USA.
His latest book in English is entitled: The Historical Dictionary of Modern Greece, London: The Scarecrow Press, Inc., to be reprinted and updated in 2016. His recent books in Greek include a monograph on “Nationalism, Ethnic Conflicts and International Relations: Theory and Practice in the Balkans” and “Constantine G. Karamanlis and the Foreign Press” as well as the editing of the collective volume entitled “Thessaloniki: A city in transition, 1912-2012”.
Some of his recent publications in English include:
- Dimitris Keridis, US Foreign Policy: Continuity and Change in an Increasingly Complex World in Nikos Tzifakis, ed., International Politics in Times of Change, Heidelberg, Springer, 2011.
- Dimitris Keridis, The Foreign Policy of Turkey: The Emergence of a Regional Leader, in McKercher, B.J.C., ed., Handbook of Diplomacy and Statecraft, New York, NY: Routledge, 2011.
- Constantine Arvanitopoulos and Dimitris Keridis, Turkey and the Identity of Europe, Harvard International Review, Vol. 33 Issue 1, 2011.
- Dimitris Keridis, Greek Foreign Policy: Past, Present and Future Strategies, in Constantine Arvanitopoulos and Konstantina E. Botsiou, eds., The Constantinos Karamanlis Institute for Democracy Yearbook 2010, Heidelberg, Springer, 2010.
- Dimitris Keridis, Historical Dictionary of Modern Greece, Scarecrow Press, Inc., Lanham, MD, 2009.